You are reading the article Free Up &Amp; Increase Hard Disk Space On Windows 11/10 Computer updated in October 2023 on the website Nhunghuounewzealand.com. We hope that the information we have shared is helpful to you. If you find the content interesting and meaningful, please share it with your friends and continue to follow and support us for the latest updates. Suggested November 2023 Free Up &Amp; Increase Hard Disk Space On Windows 11/10 Computer
Free up & increase hard disk space in Windows 11/10
Run Disk Cleanup Utility
Use junk cleaner for more options
Compress files you don’t use often
Remove .old files.1. Run Disk Cleanup Utility
Run Disk Cleanup Utility. Type Disk Cleanup in Start Menu or Start Screen and hit Enter to bring it up. Run it. You may also wish to consider the More Options that it offers. You may also want to activate the enhanced version of the Disk Cleanup Tool or make it delete even 7-day old temporary files. You can also free up additional disk space by removing all but the most recent system restore point using the Disk Cleanup utility.2. Uninstall programs 3. Use junk cleaner for more options 4. Disable Hibernation
Disable Hibernation and delete the chúng tôi file, if the space problem is critical on your System Drive. It’s a hidden file on the root directory of your system drive. Open Control Panel. Type Hibernate in the search bar. Select turn Hibernate On/Off.5. Compress files you don’t use often
You may want to consider compressing some files. One option not considered by many is the ability of your Windows to compress files and folders. Most feel that after compression, re-accessing files and data is slow and that it takes time to open such compressed files. I urge you to try it. You will find that the time difference is imperceptible. But you will be able to reclaim a lot of disk space this way. Do note, however, that you should not compress the Windows or the Program Files folder using this method.
If you have some data files or pictures, etc, that you don’t access frequently, consider compressing them using the zip formats. Also, consider moving them to another drive or back them up externally, instead.6. Remove .old files
If you have installed a Feature Upgrade recently and things are file, you can reclaim disk space by deleting the unwanted backup chúng tôi files.I do not recommend the following to save disk space:
1. I do not suggest deleting the Prefetch files. Every time you clean up the Prefetch folder, you delay application load times, the next time you launch them. It is only after the second time that you regain optimal application load times. Only one Prefetch file is created per application. Windows cleans this folder at 128 entries, down to the 32 most used Application’s prefetcher files. This folder does not occupy more than around 50MB. Cleaning the Prefetcher can, therefore, be construed actually as a temporary self-inflicted un-optimization measure!
2. Log files may be required during uninstall’s, and if they are not found, application uninstall may fail. Hence do not delete them.
3. You never know when you require bak files. A good reason to not delete them.
4. Thumbs.db files help you in loading thumbnail images faster, and in any case, get re-created; unless of course, you disable thumbnail caching. To disable thumbnail caching instead, rather than deleting them every now and then.
5. Do not also consider deleting anything from the WinSXS folder or the Windows Installer folder. They are system folders which play an important role.
6. Do not disable System Restore to save disk space. You never know when it could save your skin!
7. See this post if you feel the need to free up disk space by deleting previous System Images and Backups.
8. In Windows 11/10, you can also delete files & clean up your Hard Disk via Settings.
If you need to know what’s eaten up your Disk Space, you may use some freeware like Disk Space Fan. You will be able to know which file or folder is occupying what space.
The Disk Footprint Tool in Windows 11/10/8.1 will let you carry out several tasks pertaining to Disk Space usage. You can use it to take snapshots, summaries, analyze disk usage, anonymize, compare growth over time using disk growth study, and more.
You're reading Free Up &Amp; Increase Hard Disk Space On Windows 11/10 Computer
Update the detailed information about Free Up &Amp; Increase Hard Disk Space On Windows 11/10 Computer on the Nhunghuounewzealand.com website. We hope the article's content will meet your needs, and we will regularly update the information to provide you with the fastest and most accurate information. Have a great day!